So we all know the London 2012 sports 50p’s from the Royal Mint are hard to find…but some people have managed to find them all.
How did they do it?
We asked the best in the business for their tips and here are the top 10!
- The first one is obvious – buy them from the Royal Mint. This is only for those who want the collector quality coins or who have given up on the hunt!
- Ask everyone! Friends, family, teachers, your boss, the neighbour’s cat. The more people who know you’re looking for them the better!
- Buy things that guarantee 50p change, if it’s priced at £x.50 you HAVE to have it, no matter what it is!
- Think of excuses for getting all your change in 50p’s – “I need them for an experiment” is a good one!
- Tell your friends that angled coins like 50p’s can damage their clothing and that you’ll swap them for ‘pocket safe’ round coins.
- Check your change all the time. It’s easy to miss one by forgetting to check.
- Try to get change from places that are likely to have newly issued 50p’s like high street shops and restaurants.
- Find a friend or local shopkeeper who doesn’t mind keeping them for you.
- Ask the bank if you can take your entire savings in 50p coins.
- Finally…Never give up. There will be times of plenty, and times of hardship…but they will come to those who wait.
Got the album?
If you haven’t grabbed yours yet, get it before it’s too late.
A FREE (plus £2.95 P&P) collectors album from The Royal Mint.
Check the reviews, these things are AWESOME!