During his Budget speech last week George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, revealed that he and HM Treasury believe there is a strong case for introducing a new £1 coin. The Royal Mint has produced a prototype for a replacement £1 coin which utilises cutting-edge iSIS technology to combat counterfeiting and reduce the number of counterfeit coins entering general circulation. The proposed £1 coin is a 12-sided, bi-metallic coin – two of the features that add to the coin’s security! But what do you think of this proposed coin?
What do you think of the proposed £1 coin?
- Love it (63%, 3,093 Votes)
- Like it (28%, 1,400 Votes)
- Neither Like or Dislike it (4%, 187 Votes)
- Really Dislike it (3%, 132 Votes)
- Dislike it (2%, 130 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,938