Here at The Royal Mint, we always love hearing from coin collectors about how much they enjoy the coins and coin sets we strike. In recent years, through facebook and twitter, we have seen this take on a new dimension with coin fans sharing photos of them and their collections with us.
Now, we would like to take that to the next level! We are calling on coin fans everywhere, all over the world, to send us short videos of the coins or coin collections they love.
Using Vine or Instagram video, we are looking for people to create short films (Vine is six seconds maximum, Instagram Video 15 seconds maximum) that feature:
- Your favourite Royal Mint coin
- Your Royal Mint coin collection
- You with your favourite Royal Mint coin or coin collection
And to reward you for your efforts, we are going to give everyone who enters* a 2013 UK Royal Christening £5 BU coin.
Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t already have them, download the Vine and/or Instagram apps for your smartphone
- Set up your vine/Instagram profile from within the app – it only takes a minute or so
- Shoot your short film (remember, Vine is a six second maximum and Instagram is 15 seconds)
- Post your film to your Vine or Instagram profile using the hashtag #strikingstories – this means that we will be able to view the videos
- Send us an email to email@example.com, with the following details:
- The link to the coin video on your Vine/Instagram profile
- Your full name
- Your age
- Where you live
- Your full address
- Why you chose the coin or collection that you featured in your video, what makes it special to you
- Every entry that meets the basic criteria will receive a 2013 UK Royal Christening £5 BU coin absolutely free*
That’s it! We will post some of our favourites to our facebook wall, and some of the very best may well feature on our stand at the World Money Fair in Berlin in February 2014.
We’re excited to see what you will come up with – good luck!
*Terms and Conditions apply – see www.royalmint.com/strikingstories for more details