Last week, representatives from The Royal Mint were delighted to attend the 48th World Money Fair. Taking place in Berlin, the exhibition is one of the most important trade shows for numismatists around the world. The show provides opportunities for numismatists to buy rare and interesting coins and it also provides information on the latest trends and developments from mints around the world.
This year, The Royal Mint showcased a range of bullion and Proof coins including:
- The 2019 Annual Sets which mark the key moments and anniversaries of 2019
- The Sovereign 2019 which features Benedetto Pistrucci’s iconic George and the Dragon design
- Britannia, who has been a fixture on coins for centuries, depicted on bullion bars
- The Lunar Year of the Pig coin which is the sixth design in The Royal Mint’s Shēngxiào Collection.
- The Queen’s Beasts Collection
The Royal Mint has an established service that obtains specialist coins for collectors. Our experts possess unparalleled numismatic knowledge, making us a trusted source for high-quality historic coins.
The Royal Mint’s Head of Marketing, Clare Morgan, attended the show. She told us:
“The atmosphere at the World Money fair was fantastic, it was great to meet so many passionate coin enthusiasts and to be able to chat to them about The Royal Mint and what we have to offer. Our Annual Sets seem to have been a particular favourite, and I’m not surprised. The beautiful designs for 2019 have captured the imagination of our collectors – my personal favourite is the Wedgwood design!”
The World Coin Fair has become known as one of the most important trade and industry platforms for both coin collectors and international minting experts, and this year’s fair has been no exception.